need opinions - trans fluid replacement or not 95 7 series

have a 95 automatic 740i, 135K no problem miles
recently noticed that it will whine and "sorta hang" when the tach approaches number 2
have read that is somewhat common @ this mileage and with this car,
many others have mentioned this problem in various other 7 series discussion groups and dedicated bmw sites
the trans fluid is OK and full (was checked)
according to BMW the fluid is never to be changed, unless you're replacing the trans itself
many people discussing the problem have changed the fluid @ 100K and the problem was resolved, several others were not so lucky
would appreciate your experience with this problem with your BMW doesn't have to be a 7 series
I think I've resolved this problem, in that I allow the car to warm up for about 3-4 minutes before starting to drive, no whine, no hanging whatsoever
--

============
rj kulman
rjk wrote:

You should change it. There is no such thing as lifetime fluid, whatever BMW service schedules say.

I'll be doing mine at some point. It seems to be advisory by peopel in the know (i.e. not BMW)
tks... think I will
adder1969 wrote:

--

rj kulman