need to replace windshield - 2003 330 Convert

Any suggestions on good places to use? is going back to the dealer a good solution. I see a lot of placis advertising they come to you, and prices that vary by 200-300 dollars.

I am in Northen NJ, is there a national chain that is good to use? thanks

Reply to
jmorrison7

I changed the windshields in most of my cars a couple of years back. There's noting like NEW GLASS. Course, it only stays new for about a year, at least around here.

There's a bit of a debate about this. Some people insist on OE/OEM glass. Some poeple figure glass is glass. I fall into the latter camp.

Best price I culd get was 550 talked down to 500. Then I found a little industrial mall out of the way that has an auto glass shop, an auto interior shop and an auto electrics repair shop. The conversation witht he glass guy went like this.

"I need a windshield for a 300Sd and a 633."

"Cash or insurance?"

"What's the difference"

"700 insurance, 250 cash, installed".

Paid cash and 4 years later it still appears to be glass, no regrets.

Reply to
Richard Sexton