New BMW Looks

Vuestra Merced haute in die Tasten:

IMHO these days ended with the introduction of the E46. IMHO this car simply looks fat.

Frank (BMW E30 Convertible)

Reply to
Frank Kemper

"AGH!" haute in die Tasten:

Over here the new Lexus IS 250 currently runs through the car mags. The car is losing every comparison test. Main disadvantages: Too weak engine, too much fuel consumption, over-nervous and harsh suspension.

IMHO the fact that there is a japanese brannd called Lexus, which has a weak reputation amongst true BMW drivers, does not have to mean that it is suitable to call each new BMW a Lexus.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

snipped-for-privacy@user.net haute in die Tasten:

Seems a little bit unfair to me: comparing the looks of a convertible with performance pack to a sedan without;-) IMHO the 2 door coupé is the most beautiful E60 (nevertheless it looks to fat).

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

The E60 is the 5th gen 5 series. It's ugly, but there's no coupe.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

I'll add to my original. **ANY** E46 looks better than an E90.

IMO.

Reply to
user

I've always thought this too. It's the visual effect from the way the rear fenders curve in at the back. Much prefer the more 'squared off' effect on the E36.

Now with the new E60 and E90, it's the 'turned up at the corners' headlights and taillights - looks as if the cars were "frightened by something'

Another Frank

Reply to
Raybender

I'm hard pressed to find any of the new BMWs more stylish and classic than my 1980 633. I agree on the "work of mechanical art" comment and would disagree on the rust, although after 25 years and 220K, some is starting to emerge. How may of the new computerized cars will be on the road, still cared for by their drivers after 25 years? Now the Z8 on the other hand.......

Paul

E28 Guy=A9 wrote:

Reply to
paul.ladd3

" snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net" haute in die Tasten:

First of all: It is completely normal that people tend to like the cars they own.;-)

Second point: To look "classic", a car has to reach a certain age. The current BMW 645i does not look classic, it simply looks new. The Z8 was an example of a car which was intended to look classic right from the assembly line. To me it looks somewhat retro. Nevertheless I'd chose a Z8 over a 633, if someone gave me one for free.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper