New BMW owner

Page 2 of 2

It's a soft top and you live in a area where "winters can be bitterly cold, with high temperatures not breaking ?17 C (0 F) for weeks at a time.", so I would get some electrically heated ear muffs or start looking for realistic plastic replacements now.

Yes.. I have a heated garage for it and once that white shit starts falling from the sky the car will be parked and not winter driven, other than to be fired up a few times a month to keep seals etc. from drying out same as I do with the Corvette... I know all about winters...LOL...spent 12 years above the arctic circle...This new baby is stayin inside...:) Thanks for your input...Jim

Actually, with the Z4's a lined top, good heater and electric rear window defroster, you'll be toasty warm. Even top down at 60oF is OK with the heat on!
I do recommend RaggTopp fabric top protectant to keep the top looking good. And if you'll be driving in below freezing weather, you'll want to replace the Bridgestone 050 tires with good winter rubber.
Enjoy.
Tom