New M3

The international sites seem to indicate the new M3 is a 2007 year model. Is this true? 2008 for the U.S? Anyone have the over/under on what BMW is going to charge for such a car?

--

thepixelfreak

Available in UK around November 2007 which makes it a 2007 when registered however, if we are still believing that the model is next years then I suppose it is a 2008 "model".
Euroland will probably get it LHD in July or August - UK being RHD a bit later. You US guys might have to wait until it is federalized, de-tuned and softer suspension is fitted!
Come on Dizzy - castigate me....................

Detuned I understand -- I'm not sure the feds will demand that, but I get it. (If it is detuned, it will be for smog reasons or some other federal requirement.)
Softer suspension has me puzzled though. If the car gets softer suspension, the feds won't be driving the boat on that. The BMW USA marketing guys will be in charge of that one, not the feds.
Jeff Strickland wrote:

Pull your head out of your ass, Jeffy.
By the way, Jeffy, why DID you divide 328 by 325?

See above.

Just a bit of fun to wind up Dizzy. Most US cars are boulevard Cruisers and never see a real driver at work. Most folk keep to the limits and fall asleep - well it seems that way whenever I'm over there - everybody is going backwards compared to Euroland where 80% wear lead boots.
On Wed, 16 May 2007 17:02:52 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote:

True of drivers everywhere.

Haven't driven the Washington DC Beltway or I-95 lately, have you? And when I'm driving in Europe, blowing by everyone but the odd big Merc, Cit, or Porsche, the problem seems the exact reverse to me. 8;)
The sole advantage Europe has is better driver education and enforcement when it comes to lane discipline. I grant you that is a huge point.
-- Larry

Exactly. Trust us Yanks. It's not that we don't like to drive fast. It's that people in the states don't understand that the leftmost lane is only for passing. So you spend a disproportionate amount of time weaving in and out of traffic which is definitely the best way to attract unwanted attention from the authorities.
As for the DC beltway. Having lived much of my life in Maryland and Virginia I can attest to near _capacity_ 4 lanes worth of traffic all driving at 80-85 mph. And this is on the really curvy part between Chevy Chase and Bethesda passing the Mormon Tabernacle. In Europe I guarantee you the limit there would be 80 kph.
As to driving in Europe. Done plenty of that as well. The Autobahn is pure joy.
--

thepixelfreak

That may be true but in Euroland it's actually 120kph and UK 70mph but who is to say that everybody is that law abiding. Yes some kooks are and try to stop anybody driving a BMW getting past them in fact they stay in the "overtaking" lane at 2mph below the posted max just to annoy anyone going at the legal max and anyone wanting to exceed it including ambulances and police cars sometimes!

Heh heh. The only lane discipline in the UK is only drive in the outside lane regardless of road or traffic.
--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet*

For BMW drivers yes ;-) ..but for the lesser roads users it's the middle surely?
Exactly, which means the US public... ;-)
DAS
"Jeff Strickland" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message