New old car: '87 BMW 325i cab

Gurus of the group,
I've just bought this car
http://home.no.net/azoth/325icab.jpg and for being a 19 year old car it's in "mint" condition, some rust but nothing
that can't be dealt with.
However, I ran the chassis number through a VIN database and it came out to have msport package and 141kw or approx 190 horsepower. I didn't know such a beast ever came out of Bavarian Motor Werke, anyone else got some other information to fill in?
Thanks in advance,
--
BBO, DoD#2101

I'm a newbie myself with nearly the same car, same rust. A little water in the trunk and 220k miles. Love it!! I'm having a problem with the passenger side electric window, but other than that, keeping fluid levels up is all I do for this car.
http://www.qbdigital.com/bmw.htm

BBO wrote:

nice E30.. not sure about the 141kw though, does it have an M50 engine in it? i've seen a couple of M50 equipped E30s but they've all been custom jobs, i think they all left the factory with the M20

Thanks
Me neither, and I have yet to get a reply from BMW if they ever created such a beast.

No, as far as I can tell it got the M20B25 engine. I suspect the 141kw thingy is a typo.

Yeah, and if it was a custom job it wouldn't have stated 141kw in the VIN database, but 125kw wich is normal.
Ah, well - I think it is better to enjoy the car than to speculate if it got 190 hp or 173 hp. It's purely academic anyway. :-D
--
snipped-for-privacy@dod.no