New to group

Hi, I'm Ray. I have an '04 325i which I've been trying to kill since new. It's holding up pretty well. I've just starting reading the group. Is there a FAQ or should I just jump right in with a frequenly asked question?

TIA

Ray "If I had known I would live this long, I would have taken better care of myself." - some guy who writes slogans for those little motorcycle helmet stickers.

Reply to
Ray Muller

Ray,

Google Groups is a good bet. Or just ask. The worst that could happen is you'd get ignored...

Reply to
Fred W

Reply to
dave

The second thing to do is make sure you do not post to a Text Only group in HTML or Rich Text.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
Grumps

Grumps wrote on Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:38:21 +0100:

Oh, the irony.

Reply to
Spack

Tilting at windmills...but I heartily endorse your advice.

When I first started in NG's I used a special e-mail address but it was a 'real' one. Fairly soon I noticed so many strange addresses and eventually twigged why. Changed to a fake address.

And...sure enough...some weeks later I started received spam to this special address. It was quite a salutory lesson about the cyber-dangers.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Actually, top posting is common in gear head forums.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks for the replies.

That's what I get for using outlook express instead of agent.

Anyway, here's the question: does anyone go to the dealer for service after the warranty is up? I'm due for 'inspection' whatever that means, plue oil service and PA State Inspection as well. I really have no desire to give another dime to the dealer, at least not until I have to get a new car. So in the meantime, where do other cheapskate BMW owners get their cars serviced?

Ray "Keep honking, I'm reloading" - The helmet sticker guy again.

Reply to
Ray Muller

"Ray Muller" wrote

Brett Anders>2. Find yourself a good BMW independent. Try

for locating

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

+1 on that. A good independent is the ticket.
Reply to
Fred W

Real cheapskates service the cars themselves. Servicing a BMW is no more difficult than with any other car. Sometimes I think new owners somehow have been given the idea to the contrary. I had to buy a big ol' socket for the top of the oil filter housing, and a service light reset tool from Peake, but that was about it.

-------- THE ISRAEL LOBBY: Does it have too much influence on US foreign policy?

The London Review will be hosting a debate on 28 September in the Great

Hall, Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, Cooper Square, New York. Go to the link in my sig to reserve tickets.

----- Kill ratio of Palestinian children to Israeli children 5.7-to-1, Israel's favor. Kill ratio of all Palestinians to Israelis: over 3-to-1.

---------

"Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it." ---Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 2001

Reply to
clifffreeling

Where do you see HTML tags or different MIME type specified? I only see RFC2646 (plain text) in the headers.

I wish I learned that lesson years ago.

If I can jump, so can you. But you better jump far.

[snip]

Wishful thinking on most groups I visit.

Reply to
Super Lemon