noise from the front

Hi all
Newbie question..........
I have a 330ci and when at low speeds (maybe climbing a slight incline) there is a weird noise from the front end. At first I thought it was a radio
suppression type whine, but it is still there with the stereo off.
I can live with it but is it a common sort of thang? Or am I about to transfer my pay cheque to the local dealer?