not starting.. argh!

         today the 92 735i has driven me over the edge.
I got in the car, radio, clock -- everything; looked good...
Car wouldn't start, in fact, only the odometer & SRS light went on.
what should I look at?
-j

Look at the basics. To start with, check all of the fuses. Is the battery supplying enough voltage to turn over the starter? If not, it could be a bad battery and/or alternator. Is the engine getting fuel? If not it could be either a clogged fuel filter or a dead fuel pump. If you think it might be the fuel pump, don't forget to check the relay for it as well.
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i

You're right -- I checked the fuses, they all looked good; but one was, indeed, bad (had to use an ohm meter on it)
# 17 was blown. I suspect I have some electrical gremlin; as yesterday the battery was dead after sitting for 4 days....
On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 12:56:40 GMT, "Kyle and Lori Greene"

Isn't that something you should have mentioned in the first place?

If I had known when I first posted.
the fuse was blown so slight that I could only tell by an ohm meter on each of the fuses...
There is a gremlin -- today the heater fan was going, then stopped suddenly and would only run on "max" when turned to the max/indent -- but then it started working right again...

Dead battery. They give little warning of failure in modern BMWs. Of course it might just be drained flat.
Amps across fuses are zero unless otherwise noted values are miliamps
#1 .12 #7 .11 #10 7.4 #11 .02 #19 .01 #20 127.1 (NOTE: Started out at over 358, then settled down and remained steady) 23-28 all had .01
The .01's all "wavered" from 0 to .01.

"Amps across fuses", i.e. with an ammeter connected to both terminals of a fuse, are always zero.
-- Larry

Nearly. ;-)
--
*Speak softly and carry a cellular phone *

Amps accross the terminals with the fuse removed.
pltrgyst wrote:

... unless the fuse is blown (or removed).
--
-Fred W