NuFinish

Page 2 of 2
Don't listen to naysayers with extreme Germanophile attitude.
I have been using NuFinish for 15+ years on a variety of vehicles (including German) and the result have always been more than satisfactory. Long
lasting with fair look. I applied it 4x a year and it is a painless and quick process.
I have one reserve. On my 2005 car, BMW recommends a Carnauba based 'wax'. NuFinish is polymers based. For this reason, I might buy something else like 'Mothers' or 'Meguiars' this time.
Just a word about car soaps with Carnauba that I have been using for 3 years (I wash every 2-4 weeks... that's possible when you don't have a dark colored car ;o) ) ; I have seen a difference and a coat build-up with 'Sunshine'. I recommend it.

I also used Nu-Finish in th 1980's, but not on German vehicles. As you said, satisfactory, inexpensive and fairly easy to apply - but not wonderful.

I hope you're not referring to Meguiars cleaner-wax. This petroleum based product did a very poor job on my black Z3. Although not cheap, I've had excellent results with Zymol (about 37% carnauba).
Tom
Have you tried the P21S wax Tom? Cheaper than Zymol and it's AMAZING on dark colored cars, especially if you prep with p21s gloss enhancing paintwork cleanser.

Not yet. Since I traded my black Z3, my two cars are Electric Red & Maldives Blue. But if you still recommend P21S for those colors, I'll try it after using up my supply of Zymol. Thanks.
Tom
I'd still recommend it. I buy my stuff from carcareonline.com. I've never bought from this website I'm about to link to, but I'm linking to it to show two pics that I find to be a realistic representation http://www.properautocare.com/p21spastewax.html

If you have a Harley dealer nearby, you can also get some S100 wax, which is supposedly the same as P21S, but under a different name (and cheaper, too).
--
Darryl Okahata
snipped-for-privacy@soco.agilent.com