OEM CD Changer Installation

I've ordered a BMW cd changer for my wife's 2003 325i and think I can install it myself without getting the dealer involved. Her Christmas present.

There are two trays in the trunk preinstalled on the driver's side. I believe the unit goes in one of them.

My question is do I need to remove the driver side trunk panel to get to the wiring harness? I do not see a plug for the changer readible visible.

Advice or web sites appreciated.

Reply to
Dawgwalker

In my car ('94 325i), the changer was installed on the passenger (right) side of the trunk. There is a wire harness behind the cover. Don't stress over this, if you are getting a changer from the stealership, there will be complete directions.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

"stealership"

That's a good one!