OEM CD Changer Installation

I've ordered a BMW cd changer for my wife's 2003 325i and think I can install it myself without getting the dealer involved. Her Christmas present.
There are two trays in the trunk preinstalled on the driver's side. I believe the unit goes in one of them.
My question is do I need to remove the driver side trunk panel to get to the wiring harness? I do not see a plug for the changer readible visible.
Advice or web sites appreciated.
In my car ('94 325i), the changer was installed on the passenger (right) side of the trunk. There is a wire harness behind the cover. Don't stress over this, if you are getting a changer from the stealership, there will be complete directions.

"stealership"
That's a good one!
Chris

I stole it.