Oil in the spark plugs

I went to change my spark plugs on my 325i and noticed in 2 of the 6 there was oil surrounding the spark plugs. I think im taking it to a mechanic at least by the end of the week but i would like to knwo what im up
against. If you have had this problem before or have heard of it will you let me know how to fix it. Thanks, Steve
steveo2012 wrote:

steveo2012 wrote:

Very common problem. The rubber valve cover gasket has hardened and / or cracked and is oozing alittle oil. Nothing to get too worked up about. It's a relatively simple job to replace.
--
-Fred W

can the oil prevent the spark plugs from firing and make me loose engine power?
steveo2012 wrote:

Not unless there were a very lot of it, and there is a passage way to allow for drainage to happen.
-Fred W