Oil in the spark plugs

I went to change my spark plugs on my 325i and noticed in 2 of the 6 there was oil surrounding the spark plugs. I think im taking it to a mechanic at least by the end of the week but i would like to knwo what im up against. If you have had this problem before or have heard of it will you let me know how to fix it. Thanks, Steve

Reply to
steveo2012

Valve cover gasket. No biggie.

Reply to
JimV

Very common problem. The rubber valve cover gasket has hardened and / or cracked and is oozing alittle oil. Nothing to get too worked up about. It's a relatively simple job to replace.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

can the oil prevent the spark plugs from firing and make me loose engine power?

Reply to
steveo2012

Not unless there were a very lot of it, and there is a passage way to allow for drainage to happen.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound