Oil Light

I drive a 1994 530 i V8 with 188000 km on the clock. My problem is that my oil light came on when the vehicle is on normal operating temperature and idle, I then also have some engine noise, as soon as you pick the revs up to +- 1500 RPM the engine gets quiet. I changed the oil and oil filter but it is still the same story. What is the possibility to get to the oil pump with out taking out the whole engine?

Reply to
Peet

light came on when the vehicle is on normal operating temperature and idle, I then also have some engine noise, as soon as you pick the revs up to +- 1500 RPM the engine gets quiet. I changed the oil and oil filter but it is still the same story. What is the possibility to get to the oil pump with out taking out the whole engine?

The bolts which hold the oil pump can back out and might cause a problem like this. See

for details of how to replace them.

Reply to
John Burns