oil service reset e34

My mechanic performed routine oil change and then tried to reset the oil service light with the factory tool and it woulnt take.

95 525i. Any thoughts?
Reply to
David N Emmet

HTH?

Reply to
Steve Parry

PS note

"Notes on the latest model cars (93 on?): (can someone please verify this?) It is claimed that the above procedure doesnt quite work on the most recent model year cars. Instead of waiting for the lights to go out, you have to disconnect the jumper between 7 and 19 while the ignition is still on. To reset OIL SERVICE, maintain the connection for approximately 3 seconds. To reset INSPECTION, maintain the connection for approximately 12 seconds. "

Reply to
Steve Parry

That is how it works on my '94 E34. I use a spspt momentary switch on some extension wires so I can be sitting in the drivers seat. I press the switch and hold it about 5-6 seconds and when I release the switch the led bars clear to all green. If the Inspection light is also on (or I have just performed an Inspection 1 or 2 I just hold the switch closed for around 15 seconds and when I release it clears everything.

From descriptions I have heard and read some other ECUs behave differently and will actually clear while the switch is still closed.

Reply to
Fred W