On-line recall inffo

I know I can get this from my dealer, but what I really want is an on-line source for recalls. To be more specific, I want to find out what recall issues regarding my M3 (2001) have been successfully remedied. Is there such a place in the internet that Joe Average can access? TIA!

Reply to
sgfan3

You can find out what recalls have been issued, but not if they have been done to your car. You need to contact a dealer for that.

Reply to
JimV

That's what I was thinking. Thanks!

If the engine bearings have been recalled and replaced, is there any indication on my car such as a sticker, label or tag that indicates such work was done? Back in the day, GM would sometimes place a new info label (usually in the engine compartment, especially when it was engine or emissions related) when a recall repair was successfully completed. Does BMW do anything like that? Please remember that my car is "experienced" so any new labels would be unnoticeable to me.

Reply to
sgfan3

The dealer will access the BMW database. If the car with your chassis number has any recall type work outstanding then it will be done. It won't be done again.

In any event there are different levels of recall. Something that means the brakes don't work would result in letters going out and / or adverts in the paper. A 1% failure rate on radiator caps (as with mine), means that they just replace it for free when the car is in for anything else.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Dan

Reply to