Once Again-- Cupholders in the 5-Series

Hi. my '97 540i was just totalled (by a toyota!) and i am looking to buy a 2003 530i. BUT in my 540i, I put in something like $280 in @$%@$%@ cupholders over the two years. Y'all know those cheapo plastic ones that
come out and then crack of a larger cup is placed there, and hell, they don't even hold cups...good for cans of coke only. so they break and you have to buy new ones for something like $58 a set.
What I am Wondering: Has anyone figured out that if you make the SAME design, but in aluminum or titanium instead of plastic, you won't be breaking them? Does anyone make aftermarket cupholders that don't look jury-rigged? Something that SOLVES the problem? For such a great car design (except the lack of rear seat legroom), the cupholders are just poor design.
So, what are cupholder recommendations????
thanks.
Mark

INCOMING!
Get a girlfriend. they even adjust to the curves :)

And if her hands are full?

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com /
http://www.tecaccessories.com /
http://www.cup-holders.com/store/cat1_1.htm
No, there are no Unobtainium replacements for the factory cupholders.
R / John

hump on the passenger side (forward of the forwardmost seat adjustment setting). It's worked fine for two years.
Richard
*************************** Replace + with - for email
mdd wrote: <snip>

Get rid of 'em and drive the car!
JRE
Ya know, that is what someone said 5 years ago when i was complaining about them on my 540i when i just got it. And it was as amusing and helpful then as you are being here.
But frankly that is plain silly. Of course I drive the car. Damn well, if I may add. But a long trip beckons for a bottle of water or a diet coke. Ot even sometimes a short trip. But thanks for your 2 cents worth, it was highly amusing.