Original specs.

Anyway of finding out what the original manufacturers specs are? It would appear that some 'extras' are not visibly apparent, so if they are not working on a s/h car, unless told, one would never know.

The reason I ask is that I have two 528 E39's. A '96 and a '98. The older one certainly has a rain sensor for the wipers as the wipers do operate if the sensor position is used and it starts to rain. The other looks exactly the same, on the inside and outside area of the w/s, but either it hasn't got a rain sensor, or it's not working. Both have an auto-dim rearview mirror BTW My local BMW dealer was unhelpful when asked the same question. TIA. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Your local BMW dealer has this information. It is up to you to sweet-talk it out of him. Either with your business or your money.

Reply to
Dean Dark

The local dealer can give you a Build Sheet from your VINs. The build sheet will definately tell you which options are installed on each car. The Dealer Options, if any, would not likely appear on the build sheet, but I do not think the options you are interested in right now are dealer installed, they come from the factory.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

In the UK BMW will email you a car spec' from the VIN if you have enough about the car to show you are serious about buying. If you own it well there should not be any problem at all.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Thanks for the info guys. I do own both cars, so I'll have a go at the dealer again. If that fails, I'll get in touch with BMW themselves. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Or, go to a different dealer. When I bought my first 3 Series in 2000 (a '94 with 105,000 miles on the clock) the dealership volunteered to me that he could provide me a build sheet from the VIN. I don't remember if he walked out and got it off the car, or if I brought the registration form inside the store. He also looked up to see if there were any outstanding recall notices.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland