Owner's Manual

    I took delivery of a beautiful 2003 325i (sport, premium, and cold weather packages) about an hour ago, but it came without the
manual(s). Where can I get one?     Emanuel
--
1983 Porsche 911 Guards Red/Black
1983 Porsche 944 Guards Red/Black

The dealer is one place that comes to mind. eBay is another: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itemy65989926&category4211&sspagename=WDVW
If a pdf file would do, you can get one on BMW's owner's circle, or let me know and I'll email it to you.

    I tried the closest dealer, they said they don't carry previous model years but could order it. Should I try another, or is that standard operating procedure?     Emanuel
--
1983 Porsche 911 Guards Red/Black
1983 Porsche 944 Guards Red/Black

The chances that a dealer will have it in stock is pretty low IMO.
E Brown wrote:

I don't understand - the dealer CAN order it and you're still looking elsewhere?
It's not going to fall out of the sky. The eBay sellers will charge you MORE than the dealer ($15/retail at a dealer) and it will take longer. On an item such as a manual - the dealer can normally have it in 3-4 days.
And with the number of manuals for previous model years it isn't economically sound for a dealer to carry all of them. I don't think you'll find ANY dealer of ANY brand who has in stock the manuals for every car model/year they ever sold.
Don wrote:

While it may not fall out of the sky, it can fall out of the Internet. Go to the BMWNA web site and join the Owners circle. In there you can download a copy of the owners manual for most late model BMWs for FREE!!!
<http://www.bmwusa.com/ownerscircle
-Fred W

    I think I left off a crucial word in my first post - today! I was looking for one I could get my hands on immediately, as I didn't understand all my controls.     Following Marcio's advice, I joined the Owner's Circle and downloaded the .pdf version for immediate reference. I've also placed an order for a hard copy. I printed a copy of the PDF and had it cut down and bound at Kinkos, which will do for the glovebox until the actual manual arrives.     I like to be prepared.     Emanuel
--
1983 Porsche 911 Guards Red/Black
1983 Porsche 944 Guards Red/Black
E Brown wrote:

That was me, and I don't look like Marcio in the least!! ;-)
-Fred W
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:49:26 -0400, Malt_Hound

    Marcio said it first, within 15 minutes of my original post. :)

    The Kinko's version came out pretty good. I printed the PDF at work so the paper was "free," and having it cut and spiral bound was under $9 and took 5 minutes.     Emanuel
--
1983 Porsche 944 Guards Red/Black
2003 BMW 325i Black/Black
E Brown wrote:

Ah. So he did. I missed that part of his response as it was underneath the other suggestions. But I still don't look like Marcio. ;-)
-Fred W
"E Brown1" wrote: > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:49:26 -0400, Malt_Hound
> &nbsp;&nbsp;>>     Following Marcio's advice, I joined the > Owner's Circle and > &nbsp;>> downloaded the .pdf version for immediate reference. > > > >That was me, and I don't look like Marcio in the least!! ;-) > > >     Marcio said it first, within 15 minutes of my original post. > :) > > >If a pdf file would do, you can get one on BMW's owner's > circle, or > >let me know and I'll email it to you. > >     The Kinko's version came out pretty good. I printed the PDF > at work > so the paper was "free," and having it cut and spiral bound > was under > $9 and took 5 minutes. >     Emanuel > -- > 1983 Porsche 944 Guards Red/Black > 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black
Unfortunately it would appear that to join the BMWUS club you have to be in the US!!! Small problem when you live in Holland. :(
Can anyone download the above manual and email it to me please, thanks. :)
Spike202 wrote:

Sure I could do that, but what year and model owner's manual are you looking for?
I am very surprised that you have to be in the US to join the owner's circle. BTW, just so that you realize, the owner's manuals that you can download are customized for US variants of these cars.
-Fred W
"malt_hound" wrote: > Spike202 wrote: > > "E Brown1" wrote: > &nbsp;> > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:49:26 -0400, Malt_Hound > &nbsp;> > &lt;Malt_Hound@*spam*yahoo.com&gt; wrote: > &nbsp;> > &nbsp;&nbsp;&gt;&gt;     Following Marcio's advice, I > joined the > &nbsp;> > Owner's Circle and > &nbsp;> > &nbsp;&gt;&gt; downloaded the .pdf version for > immediate reference. > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > >That was me, and I don't look like Marcio in > the least!! ;-) > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > > > &nbsp;&nbsp;> >     Marcio said it first, within 15 minutes of > my original post. > &nbsp;> > :) > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > >If a pdf file would do, you can get one on > BMW's owner's > &nbsp;> > circle, or > &nbsp;&nbsp;> > >let me know and I'll email it to you. > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;&nbsp;> >     The Kinko's version came out pretty good. I > printed the PDF > &nbsp;> > at work > &nbsp;> > so the paper was "free," and having it cut and > spiral bound > &nbsp;> > was under > &nbsp;> > $9 and took 5 minutes. > &nbsp;&nbsp;> >     Emanuel > &nbsp;> > -- > &nbsp;> > 1983 Porsche 944 Guards Red/Black > &nbsp;> > 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black > > > > Unfortunately it would appear that to join the BMWUS club > you have to > > be in the US!!! Small problem when you live in Holland. :( > > > > Can anyone download the above manual and email it to me > please, > > thanks. :) > > > > > Sure I could do that, but what year and model owner's manual > are you > looking for? > > I am very surprised that you have to be in the US to join the > owner's > circle. BTW, just so that you realize, the owner's manuals > that you can > download are customized for US variants of these cars. > > -Fred W
Got it from http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/archive/index.php/ but thanks for the offer. I think the reason i can not join the owners circle is that my car is buit in Europe hence doesnt have a us chassis number :)

IIRC almost all BMW's are built in Europe in [bayer] Munich, Bavaria (hence Bayerische Flugzeug-Werke ) only a few models (such as the mini) are built elsewhere, and even then still in Europe.
If you look at the front of the car and it has a circular badge with blue and black quarters then it is probably a BMW - the owner's circle are being a bunch of jerks (polite version).
OTOH user manuals are not handed out willy nilly anymore - I got burned in the 80's on my first BMW - whilst the car was legit, the seller had clocked it and produced a frged service record book using a replacement printed a couple of years after the car was made.

But aren't the owners manual and service book two different items?
--
*Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.

It doesn't matter where it's built, but if it's to be sold in Europe, it will have a different Vehicle Identification Number than the ones sold in the USA.

Uh, no. The X and Z series are built in the USA. Some of the 3-series are built in South Africa.
wrote in message

Different because they are unique yes, there will be some other certification issues (like brake and turn lights have to be the same colour, speedo doesn't show above 85mph etc.

I forgot about the tractors and posers.

I did know that, but overlooked it.
And I meant Bayerische Motoren Werke - Bavarian Motor Works

Well, you could contact the previous owner and ask for it - and all the other manuals etc - back?
Or buy one from a dealer.
--
*Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.