P1520 Code

I have a 2000 323i that just had a valve job done. After the valve job the DTC P1520 B Cam position actuator codes comes on and I cannot clear it. When
I cleared it the light went off but afrter the second or third time it comes back on. I did open up the VANOS unit which had a spring in it. I am pretty sure the spring came from the exhaust side of the VANOS unit, but I cannot figure this one out. The acuator that is on the VANOS unit seems to work, but which is the actual " B acutuator. Any thought? Please help