Paint chip Questions

Has anyone ever used the paint pens available to touch up rock chips on their BMW? I have a 99' 528i that has some rock chips I would love to fix. I was looking at the paint pens at this site:

. Has anyone used this type of thing? Do they work well? Would anyone suggest something different, that is cost effective? My BMW is Titanium Silver Metallic #354 paint code.

Reply to
Branden Nelsen

BMW actually sell them IIRC, but they call them 'lipstick touch up paints@ or such like.

Turtle wax, T-Cut and others sell coloured waxes and touch up sticks (very lipstick like, so if you like drag...). You clean off and 'cut' around the chip / scratch and then rub the colour coded hard wax over the chip. Then you polish back to level and wax over the lot.

Good for several months, if not longer. Worked reasonably well on mine.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

CaptainW116