Parking lot Rage

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:30:16 -0700, "Mikep"

Get used to it. Happens to me all the time, nomather where I park either my or the wife's bimmer. It also seems to always be Ford F150 or F250's. Somehow BMW's and Corvettes act as a magnet for those. I'm not kidding. My wife tells me to always park in between two cars that are there already. At least then you know what's there and with a tad of luck they will still be there when you return. If you park way in the outfield, INVARIABLy, a Ford F150 (almost always a rustbucket to boot) will park inches next to you. Sometimes it might be something smaller like an Explorer. I've even had it where they back-parked it in instead of wedging themselves in straight.
On Sat, 16 May 2009 10:59:11 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@my.home"

I never park way out in a parking lot. That is like painting a giant bulls-eye on your "space". I always park among the other cars. Never have had a problem.
bjn wrote:

I always park as far away as possible. I have no door dings in my '93. I also get the pleasure of seeing how nice my car is as I walk all the way back across the parking lot.
It is looking good approaching 17. I have a nice flat belly as I approach 60, and my wife still has a great figure in her mid 50's. It is working out well for all of us.
-- Jim

Same here... I park the '68 in left field.... no problems ever. When I took it to a rowdy beach in Mass, I'd park it over in the impound lot for towed vehicles - worked well. :)
-W
JimH wrote:

If you find a primo spot, like next to a curb, so that you can park over to one side, no one can get near you, unless they literally encroach into your space (over the line).
I've never had a problem.