part found on driveway

I found something on my driveway the other day where my E38 is parked and can't figure out what it might be. It's grey, flat ribbed plastic about 5" long, 1" wide, blunt one end and pointed the other. The ribs run length-wise and on the face, at the blunt end there is an oval piece of steel about 1" by 3/4" and 1/8" thick. It was found towards the rear of the car. It reminds me of a tent peg! Any ideas?

Maurice

Reply to
Maurice

Since you are nowhere near 1000 words yet, how about a picture?

Reply to
Fred W

How about taking the part to the closest BMW dealer and asking them ?

Reply to
Raymond

yup - I need my headlight washer jets replaced as well

Reply to
Maurice