PDI on BMW cars

I have been told by a service manager for BMW cars in the USA that the PDI costs are paid for by BMW company. He says the customer should not be charged PDI . Has anyone else ever heard this in Canada

PDI is done by the dealer and he is the one investing the time and resources he is not being paid by BMW canada.
a new 3 series requires 4-6 hours to PDI depending on equipment and as you can imagine a 7 is substantially more.
snipped-for-privacy@canada.com

And what is PDI?

Hakvinius wrote:

Pedestrian Danger Index

"Pre Delivery Inspection" . I was told by a Service manager from a USA BMW dealership that the BMW Company Pays the Dealer to do this inspection. This would mean Double dipping in my opinion on the part of the dealer

Well, I would be surprised if the dealer didn't do this!! You even get a PDI when you buy a new vaccum cleaner (a Bimmer is however, with very few exceptions, not a vaccum cleaner)...

BMW US and BMW Canada are two different companies that spec their cars differently and market their cars differently because their market and way of doing business is adjusted for the specific market.

I thought it may have something to do with the USA and Canada being 2 different companies . I would have hoped BMW in Germany may have had some control . Guess since we only have 1 dealer we are stuck with paying what they ask .