performance exhaust for 325ci

browsed through the older posts looking for recommendations for a sport exhaust for a 2003 325Ci coupe. I contacted a Beemer auto-sport shop and the guy recommended not to change the whole catback system,
just the muffler.
when changing exhaust systems, it is ok just to change out the muffler or changing the whole cat back system is better?
any good performace exhaust (besides the pricey AC-Schnitz) that is a little sporty in tone but not loud enough to give me a headache?
thanks in advance
On Mar 23, 2:16 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes it's "ok". It depends what you want. If it's just the look and sound then yes of course. I'm not sure how much extra performance a sport muffler would give you, or indeed how much a complete new system would give you.

what about the M3 exhaust system? is there a big difference between an M3 exhaust and a standard exhaust on a 325ci (2003 model)?

As much as I would like to sell my almost new M3 exhaust, I think it would be a nightmare to install on a 325. As you may know, the M3 has no spare tire. Why not? Because the muffler takes up the room where the spare wheel well would be. You would have to cut some of that off your car and go without a spare to use it.
Bob