picked up my new BMW

Hi all
Its a 94 525i touring auto
Ok its not bad, my first ever auto and i hate it.....but getting used to it, damn site quicker than my 520i
Im off around Europe in it in about 10 days and i am wondering if there is a
way to switch the way the lights shine, so it points for when i drive on the other side.
Never driven overseas from UK before but going around E Germany, Poland and Cz too
Done about 360 miles so far in 3 days since collected it, found out the washers dont work...i cant hear any motor when i pull on the lever so it wipes and should squirt water, where would the pump be? i havent got a manual yet.
here are a few pics of the car before i collected it http://www.julianhales.co.uk/red_bmw.htm
Would you recomend i take the rad off my 520? i belive its the same engine a M50 and E34 so and it looks the same. thanks
Jules wrote:

I have never done it, but I have heard that you can apply tape to the headlight to mash off the upturn on the left that would be a problem when driving on the right-hand side of the road.
http://travel.guardian.co.uk/askatraveller/story/0,,739242,00.html
--
-Fred W

thanks Fred!
Jules wrote:

You can't do that with projector headlights. On the E34 you can turn the rear part of the light after loosening three screws, it should be mentioned in the manual. Just looking at the rear of the headlight you should see what I mean. Very easy.

thanks, i will look in daylight tomorrow...i have been through the manual but i didnt come accross this ,will double check cheers
Ulf wrote:

Good catch. He didn't mention he had projectors, but I'd bet he does since it's an E34.
--
-Fred W

I didnt even know projectors where on a car :-p)
Going to Poland, you will need lots of tape..... you may "loose" your wheels too specially BMW badge...for sure. Check your insurance cover for eastern countries. jerry

It's a pretty good auto with virtually no fuel consumption penalty on the open road - indeed it's quoted as better than the manual.
You'll certainly get to like it in heavy town traffic. ;-)
--
*Why is the word abbreviation so long?

London SW