Poll: Is your paint/clear coat starting to peel or fade?

How many of you are having problems with the clear coat peeling off or paint fading?
Year: 96 Make: Z3 Paint: Factory Red
Last year I noticed that paint on the trunk lid of my Z3 was starting
to fade. Within a month the clear coat started peeling & flaking up. At first it was just a small spot but now it has spread to about 3/4 of the lid.
Anyone else having the same problem with paint jobs on their BMW?
FYI - My 1980 Fiat spyders paint job has lasted longer than this!
Mine was so bad that I thought it was snowing! Damn clear coats!
waffled on about something:

I saw this recently on a Dark Blue metallic '95 E36. Oddly enough this is in the UK, not exactly somewhere renowned for it's sun shine.
Both my Silver '94 E35 and Met Blue '96 E36 seem to be fine.
Your car isn't red by any chance is it? Red paint is a bitch for fading... I believe it's the UV light. Most colours reflect some or all of it, red absorbs most, and it destroys the pigment.
The bonnet (hood), roof and boot (trunk) suffer the worse as they get the most direct exposure.
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:04:04 +0000, Dodgy

Ooops, it is red, only just noticed you mentioned that!
Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES

and the paint is fine. Over the years, I've "clayed" it twice to get rid of all the pits, used "swirl remover" and wax to bring back most of the shine. The paint is probably an 8 out 10. However, the car is a garage queen and sits most of its time in it!
Ecollier wrote:

No, No, No (all 3 cars)
--
-Fred W

1999 red 328i - not garaged and the paint looks great. Thank you, Zymol.

My black 97 Z3 picked up so many stone chips that I ultimately went for a repaint. Body shop guy mentioned something about German vs. American paint.

My '70 FIAT 124 Spyder went through front brake rotors every 10,000 miles.
Tom K.
Ecollier wrote:

1992 E34, red, over 13 years in the harsh australian sun... and still looks brand new
bmw paint is QUALITY. you should see some of the aussie equivalents here, ford, holden, mitsubishi.. they are 5 years old and the clearcoat is gone and the paint is starting to rot