Popemobile

Now that the new Pope is Bavarian, maybe BMW should come up with a new Popemobile. How about that?

Reply to
Ignasi Palou-Rivera

As he is already nicknamed "panzer", perhaps it should be a half track.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Look a lot better than what they got goin now.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Bang-zoom! ;-)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Time to wheel out Chris Bangle again ;-) Maybe he can atone for his past sins!

Reply to
John Burns

Just give him an M3 convertible!

Ha-ha :-)

Reply to
Ash

Sure. An M Series ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

"R. Mark Clayton" haute in die Tasten:

Some stupid british newspapers could not refuse the reflex to link everything which is remotely German to a WWII or Nazi content. Well, this seems not very witty or intelligent to me.

IMHO the nickname which has a chance to become at least slightly common is: Papa Razzi

AFAIK the vatican is very conservative in the choice of its vehicles, and they usually use them very long. Pope John Paul was hauled around in an open Fiat Campagnolo until the shooting in 1981. After that he very often used a Mercedes G with a bullet proof glass cage. I assume they will use this car until it breaks down - in 200.000 miles or so.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

I got to tell you, as an American, given everything I have read in European newspapers over the past 4 years, this comment is borders on the absurd.

Sorry, but sometimes you guys don't realize the slant that exists in your world.......while telling us how we are duped are slaves to our media :^)

Reply to
Daniel Arrepas