Possibly daft question.....

Hi I am considering whether to buy an E39 540 or 530??
I have owned 740's before, and love the roar from the big V8, and the great performance. However, I may need to travel a little more, and therefore may
need the economy of the 530.....
Has anyone ever had done, or any experience of having a 540 / 740 fitted with LPG? I would be pleased to hear if anyone in the UK has had this done, and what sort of issues they have run into.
Cheers
Paul

You might google this newsgroup; seems like I've seen some postings on LPG over the last year...
You might also consider a 530d - although I (living in the US) haven't driven one, the UK boys think it's as good as the gas/petrol engine, with the torque of the V8.
Floyd
http://www.autronic.it/a_default.asp?lan=eng

You might take a look at www.lpgforum.co.uk
I had my 3.9 V8 Discovery converted and was really impressed with the end result so I'm thinking about it for my recently acquired 730. The only thing holding me back is that I don't do enough mileage these days to justify the initial outlay.
--
Regards

Steve G