potential BMW partnership with French car maker

HI, Did anybody know about the partnership between BMW and a French car maker (peugeot or citroen) ? Especially if this ended with a new engine, if so,
what are its main characteristics and has it been mounted in any bimmer model or simply in French cars ?
TIA & Best regards

I do sincerely hope that no part of french engineering will find its way into any bmw. Did you possibly mean: "Did anyone know about an upcoming attempt of french to suck some usable technology out of germans so that they stop producing total junk?"
Aside from food and patchwork families are french producing any goods these days?
As far as I'm concerned france had been a 3rd world country for a few decades now,
It's odd that they still produce some 4 wheel contraptions. Must've been the influx of jap blood into reno. Have you driven a radioactive reno lately?
What extraordinary xenphobic (and ignorant) claptrap.
DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
--
"AD" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Indeed the French, in particular Citroen, produced the first front wheel drive cars, first hydro-pneumatic suspension and much else.
OTOH...

Honestly, I've to admit that French manufacturers have been producing junk for years. The reason why I turned myself towards german makers: BMW for 30 years and Mercedes last year as a second car, however the latter seems to produce the classA cars from the same molds as citroen is using and I'm not fully satisfied of it. But for strange reasons, my wife didn't want to have two bimmers in the garage and this is another story ! More recently, a friend of mine who is in the process to change his French car by something better in quality asked me if I had any advise to give him and if I was aware of such a partnership. He's scared by the HDI engine issues and he would like to avoid to get into the same pitfalls as before. Although the new bimmers have not the appeal of the old ones, they still look more beautiful than ours !
Regards

You made me cringe.
I want to puke every time I'm around these dubious inventions. Though for a newbie driver a front wheel drive is a useful crutch to avoid learning how to steer properly in a skid.
As for the pneumatics the imagination immediately brings up the images of A6 allroad money pit suspension.
Let's go back to solid rubber tyres.
DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
--
"AD" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Who are you to talk like that ? Are you from a superior race of allien ? regards

I do sincerely hope that no part of french engineering will find its way into any bmw. Did you possibly mean: "Did anyone know about an upcoming attempt of french to suck some usable technology out of germans so that they stop producing total junk?"
Aside from food and patchwork families are french producing any goods these days?
As far as I'm concerned france had been a 3rd world country for a few decades now,
It's odd that they still produce some 4 wheel contraptions. Must've been the influx of jap blood into reno. Have you driven a radioactive reno lately?

Ok, this is completely off topic.
I haven't been lobotomized by the architects of the globalization and am freely expressing my disdain to the new order and the associated unjudicious [and fast] mixing.
The resulting ugly byproducts can be most easily seen in the nothern california.
The pool of fuckable females in the norcal is shrinking rapidly.

Now that I think of it BMW could offer a winterizing option outside the US, esp for a monowheel drivers (5xx and 7xx). Michelin Xi-2 North is second best only to Haakkappeelliittaa 77
me thinks 17" front 15" rear should clear the rotors on cars with a sport package and remove the guesswork from winter wheel/tire package selection for people who do not want to dig through piles of reviews on tirerack,
besides, who wants non studded tires outside the litigious US of A?