Power, torque -> acceleration

I have 1.6 liter '87 BMW. I am having trouble with it's Pierburg 1B2 carburetor (cold start and idle). Replacement parts are ~200 euro. In local Weber shop I was told that I can replace it with Weber 32 ADF (can anyone confirm this?) for ~300 euro.

So now I have: 75@5800 [hp@rpm], ~80 [hp/ton], 110(80)@3200 [Nm(lbft)@rpm]

With new carb I should have:

90@6000 [hp@rpm], ~100 [hp/ton], 123(91)@4000 [Nm(lbft)@rpm]

Currently I feel lack of power during acceleration. I also have Audi 100

2.3 liter: 136@5500 [hp@rpm], ~100 [hp/ton], 188(139)@3000 [Nm(lbft)@rpm]

I am not a sporty driver, I drive most of the time in slow city traffic. I was wondering how would compare new BMW setup with Audi with the same hp/ton ratio, but different torque. I am not talking about 0-100km/h (0-60mp/h). I am interested in acceleration in third gear during overtaking. I knew that it is not just the meter of power and torque, there is also a gear ratio... but I think that power/weight and torque are the decisive ones.

Reply to
me