Power Window

The driver's door window in my '97 328i drops slowly until it's about half way down, and then operates at full speed.

When closing, the speed is constant and normal.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
Prof. C

Get a can of Super-Lube and lubricate the rails and the pivot. The Haynes manual will have directions on popping the door open and where to spray the stuff. Super-Lube is a thick teflon-bearing grease in a very light vehicle that evaporates almost instantly. It allows you to get a thick lubricant into tight places easily.

When I have the things open, I tend to put a drop of turbine oil on each of the motor bearings, just as a preventative measure.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Scott, when you retire (or even before) you must open an internet mail-order store for all the amazing chemicals and lubricants you use. We need a supplier for the De-oxits, super-lubes, turbine oils, and all the other neat stuff you recommend! My best efforts do allow me to find engine oil, lithium grease, and even the occassional gumipfledge. But you have industry connections for the GOOD stuff.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smitter

[...]

Super-Lube is a Locktite product, and Auto Parts and Supply in Williamsburg stocks it. For turbine oil, try Ace Hardware and ask for Zoom Spout Oil which is actually Castrol OC-11 turbine oil rebadged in a funny bottle.

If you EVER find a source for real gummipflege, you will be forever in my debt.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey