Premium or Regular Gas ?

Page 3 of 3
On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:21:35 -0600, hands@your_throat.com wrote:

Sir Hugh of Bognor
This debate is more fun then an oil debate. I say, if it makes you happy, use it. I know for a fact that if I set the timing on my 84 500SEL (yes, it is adjustable) for maximum advance with no knock and use preimium, the engine runs better (more power and smoother) and gets better mileage. If I retard the timing and use regular I can feel a difference more in smoothness but also in power. That alone is enough reason for me to use the the premiium. Mileage is better with the premium by about 2 mpg. I don't know if that makes it cheaper per mile or not, but I don't care if it makes me happy. I, for one, am not going to dispute what the MB engineers recommend. They designed the engine and are far smarter than I am in that field. Paul