price of bmw's night vision accessory?

Can anyone tell me what the extra cost will be to get the new BMW with the night vision accessory?

snipped-for-privacy@email.com wrote:

Yes. Your local dealer can give you an exact idea how much that will cost. What we quote you is of no consequence...
--
-Fred W

Would this not be called headlights? :) Did I miss something or is this a real option? I've dealt with night vision optics and they're certainly not something I would want to drive my car with....
On 22 Nov 2005 19:28:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@email.com wrote:

Stolen from Autoblog:
"BMW plans to offer a night vision system in its 7-series sedans. The new system will use a thermal imaging camera to display images on a central monitor in the instrument panel. The system does not use a heads-up display, unlike the Cadillac system before it. The thermal imaging system will show warmer object brighter on the screen, making it easier to see animals, people, and vehicles beyond the reach of the headlights. The system should pick up objects within 984 feet. The camera also adapts to the speed of the car and the front wheel angle."