Problem with windshield washer

Problem not with nozzles or valves, because when I disconnect the hose that feeds them, very little to nothing comes out. The reservoir is close to full and the washer fluid pump appears to be working,,,,well, it makes
its usual whirring noise when activated, but as I said, nothing is pumped out. Think there's a clog somewhere, or do these pumps sometimes not work when they still run electrically?
You can buy a new washer pump for less than $30 at the local parts store.
Well, you didn't tell us which car you have. I replaced the washer motor in my daughter's E46 for under $30.