Protective windshield coating - anyone have this?

I'm really sick to the back teeth of having my BMW windshields damaged (and once a crack forms, replaced) all too frequently due to stone damage.

Even the >tiniest< pebble will leave a large gouge in the soft multi-layered glass!! My local dealer says they do a whopping 12 w/s replacements a week, proving I'm not the only owner to suffer.

I heard that these guys claim to have invented a coating that will reduce the effect of stone impacts:

Have any of you heard of this or even had it installed?

Reply to
Class-1

The chap who used to service my old grey Peugeot had it done to his Saab. The results were very impressive. I presume the coating they use has exactly the same refractive index as glass, because you really couldn't "see the join".

Reply to
Jo Ling

PS That was quite a few years ago, so I also presume that things have got better since then.

The only reason I didn't have it done on my Peugeot was because the repair would have cost more than the car was worth!

Reply to
Jo Ling