Pulling out the spare tire: stupid, stupid... STUPID!

Page 2 of 4
wrote:

ah - so you've moved to the bmw group to do your incessant whining thing?
that's excellent! ahahahahahahahaha!
Reason no1 for not rotating your tyres! ;-)
Seriously, what is your mag?
Spare wheel removal in my car is ridiculously easy, and can't result in the wheel being dropped, unless you're a bit cack-handed!
Drugs? Get lost idiot.

moves
In
will

Who scratched his precious mag? Were you on drugs - or just an idiot?
ahahahahaahahahaha!
(you poor bimmerphiles better get used to this nitwit's whining routine)

You've not read your handbook. BMW don't recommend tyre rotation.
--
*He who dies with the most toys is, nonetheless, dead.

Nothing that bandaids and a beer couldn't fix, and reading your owners manual first knowing that you don't rotate the spare into the mix.....
Saintor wrote:

Stupid.
No; it's you that is stupid, not the "retaining mechanism".

Wingnut. Another colloquial name for the kind of person you are: stupid.

Nothing. I know what a wheel & tire weigh.

Only if you really had a mag ... which you don't. It's an 'alum'. Stupid.

We're not that stupid.

No it isn't. You're stupid and inept.

Yup. A long soft plastic bolt that won't scratch the inside of your Audi's *compact spare steel wheel*. So dump the BMW and get another Quattro so we don't need to hear your whining here any more. Stupid. -- C.R. Krieger (Doesn't tolerate stupidity well.)
How about keeping your testosterone for another application. Your reply is perfectly imbecile. The problem (although minor) is actually real, it could have happened at a flat tire change. The audience was not to owners of 15 yrs-old POS like yours. Get back to your crappy cars now and I'll get back to my new BMW (with a scratch on one mag).
Just all this text as another way of saying 'Get lost, idiot'.

will
Saintor wrote:

For you, that's - uh - marginally clever.

Only to those stupid enough to do it.

If you're referring to Da Red Dog, it is *18* years old, as of July 7. And it doesn't have any scratched wheels. =:^D Maybe you meant Da Jeep, which will be 4 years old in November. Or maybe you meant Da Red Kitty, which is an '02 Jaguar X-Type delivered in October of 2001.

Seems to me your "new BMW" is older than the majority of my vehicles. Surprisingly (to the stupid), none of them have scratched wheels - at least none that *I* scratched..

Not as long as there's terminal stupidity to be celebrated ... -- C.R. Krieger (Still intolerant)

Krieger, you're a murderous one you are! Perfect, hilarious, made my afternoon :^)
By the way, you seem to know a bit about this guy, and I wonder....did he really put "mag" wheels on his BMW or is he simply calling alloy wheels "mags"?
Who CARES? How can you expect him to answer? Mag wheels are kind of a generic term and if you look up in Ebay with "mag wheels", you'll get 10s of results that are not related to magnesium wheels.

Enlighten me, if you please, as to what point in time Ebay became the arbiter for discussions on this or any other auto forum. If that is your standard for accuracy it isn't difficult to see why some of the people on this ng find you and your comments ridiculous
"Mag wheels" is not a generic term. You are either too young, too inexperienced or, and I say this with kindness in my heart, too dumb to know that.
Sure it is. Stop splitting an hair in 4 and acting as an asshole.

know

In the UK used by chavs who drive Corsas and Saxos. True magnesium wheels ain't suitable for road use.
--
*A fool and his money can throw one hell of a party.

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:34:59 -0400, "Saintor"

Top posting, bad grammar, and stupid.
<filters updated>
--
Dan.

Saintor wrote:

> Sure it is. Stop splitting an hair in 4 and acting as an asshole. > >
I kind of hate to stick up for you with the way you have been acting here, but yes, "mag wheels" *is* a generic term for any aftermarket alloy wheels, especially in the US.
And no, this is not something new. This one goes way back:
Back in the 60's and 70's we used to call the heavy chrome wheels (Think Cragar) that were commonly put on Hot Rods and Muscle cars "mags", even though there was absolutely nothing magnesium involved.
-Fred W

Mag wheels have always been chrome plated cast wheels. I cannot think of the last time I saw any interest specific periodical or book refer to alloys as "mags". Nor can I remember the last time I spoke with anyone who refered to alloys as "mags" until reading this stuff from saintor and yourself.
Yes, there was a time when finished alloys where first hitting the market that people lent the term "mag" to the wheels, but that was, and ended, 20 years ago. An alloy is an alloy and a mag is a mag. Neither being generic the generic for the other.
When is the last time you read any auto magazine, watched any auto show, either here or in Europe, in which they used the term "mag" when refering to alloys?
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 17:13:00 -0600, "Ross Garrett"

You're probably right, but there are gen-oo-ine magnesium wheels out there for the fanatics. A typical 15 inch magnesium wheel weighs in at 5 or 6 pounds. They're expensive, sure, but if you really care about unsprung weight then there's no alternative. Just don't get a car fire...
--
Dan.

I appreciate your information, but the only point of my response was Mr. Hound's agreement with saintor that "mag" is an accepted generic term for any and all alloy, cast or plated wheels.....regardless of what wheel the term "mag" is specific to.
And the simple fact is that it's just not the case. In the old days when plated cast wheels (mags) were standard upgrade and alloys were just becoming popular the term did overlap. But it's been 15-20 years since any standard of terminology, that which could be found in published text, referred to alloys as "mags".
Maybe on ebay, but not in the automotive world. But this does not negate the fact that "mags" still exist in the aftermarket, particularly in the hip-hop genre of Spinners or Spreewells. And you are correct that some are actual magnesium while other are of the original design of chrome plated cast wheels.
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 18:52:03 -0600, "Ross Garrett"

I think that *you* missed the first three words of my post. Read them again. They were really the only point of *my* response. I don't, as they say, have a dog in this fight. Except to say that magnesium wheels are mighty fine for those who really care about such things.
--
Dan.