Pulling out the spare tire: stupid, stupid... STUPID!

Page 3 of 4

It was your 4th word that indicated conflict with my earlier post. Maybe you didn't mean it that way "but" it came across to me as such.
No problem. Perhaps it was my mistake.
Ross Garrett wrote:

I sign all of my posts (Fred W)

What do you think the wheels were cast from? They were an alloy underneath the chrome plating. But that is not the point...
The point is that the term "mag" is still an identifier of wheels. Yes it would be more correct to use the term "alloys". Who cares. You people have taken the OP to task for using one silly term when his posts were otherwise riddled with tripe.
-Fred W
...you doesn't have to call me Johnson.

Why are you arguing this with me if you don't know what a mag is. The Cragar SS, the essential epicenter of mag development, was a steel wheel (yes, steel rim) with an alloy center pressure casted to it, so no bolts or rivets would have to be used. In those days the knowledge did not exist that would allow anyone to manufacture a totally alloy wheel with the necessary strength.....hence the need to cast an alloy center to a steel rim.
A mag is called a mag because of the inventive attachment process, not because of the materials used.
Ross Garrett wrote:

Whatever. Semantics. This is just such a stupid thread from the very beginning...

You jumped in to correct me and I responded. Don't go about pouting like your above the fray. It's kind of girlie.
Ross Garrett wrote:

Nice. Now you are moving on to name calling.
A quick google shows that you have contributed absolutely nothing of any value to this newsgroup, so I'm confident that I will not be missing anything ...
<plonk>
-- Fred W
PS - If your phone doesn't ring, that'll be me.

Just as girlie, just as expected.
geez, it there really a page about what a mag is and isnt... cmon, you guys, you must have something better to do than argue this point...and to that end, havent you heard... "arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics... everyone thinks they are the "winner" but they are still all retarded..."

Yes, Corey....there is....in a book.

Yes, Corey, we do. And to that end saintor hasn't said another word, Mr. Hound stuck his head in the sand and my last comment on mags was 2 days ago.

Yes Corey I have heard that, but only from people who should get their hearts in the right place.
Malt_Hound wrote:

Then don't. He's wrong.

For the ignorant unwahsed masses, it is. So is (cringing:) "rims". However, any educated person even half-seriously involved with autos will use the much more correct term, "alloy wheels". Ebay that, Saintor!

Originally, there *were* some magnesium alloy wheels used in racing and occasionally on the street. Unfortunately, IIRC, they were on the brittle side, didn't tolerate much abuse, and could actually *burn*, once ignited. Calling aftermarket chromed alloy wheels "mags" leads one to expect to hear a full sentence along the lines of: "Hey, man; BOSS MAGS!" I ought to know. I said it ... but not after 1967. -- C.R. Krieger (old enough to know better)
C.R. Krieger wrote:

<Curley Howard voice> Hey, I resemble that... nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. </Curley Howard voice>

Oh no, not a Cringing Krieger!! (note correct spelling)

Right on, man! Power to the people.
Hey, I never said I *like* the "mag" term, or even that I would use it myself, just that it is/was a term. It was not just for magnesium wheels either. Those silly chrome plated Cragars were called "mags".
But it's wrong. It's very wrong. I was wrong. I'll never say it again. I'll especially never, ever stick up for a newsgroup pest again. I *promise*!!
Now, can we please move along to something a touch more important. Like the declining passion in the backseat of european autos or something...
-Fred W
C.R. Krieger wrote:

Geeze Kreiger! You're (yes, I *really* meant to say "you are") being a bit rough on the (apparently) mentally challenged, aren't you?
;-)
-- Fred W My spares all remain unscathed...
Apparently, this newsgroup is full of asssholes like you.

Saintor wrote:

Yep. Everyone but you pal.

ahahahahahahaha! gotta love it ;-)
Malt_Hound wrote:

I noticed. Good usage. Too bad you spelled my name wrong. I'll forgive you once.

This guy polluted alt.autos.audi for years. I'd hate to see him become resident here. Trust me; you'll hate it, too. He does dimbulb stuff like this all the time and then gets defensive when you point it out. Notice? -- C.R. Krieger

Like anyone could have missed it all these years ;-)
He definitely ain't the brightest LED in the dashboard....
Actually, you are one among some imbeciles who polluted it with your moronic attitude, because those NGs are not moderated so your ass (who definitely needs to be kicked) is always covered.

Hmm...this would appear to be an inequal, if perhaps entertaining, contest...
JRE
Saintor wrote:

Point of order, please: We don't want him back in the Audi group! It took us years to get the festering boil the hell out!
Surely there's some other marque for this nitwit? alt.autos.yugo? ;-)