Question : 1994 740i OBC/MID language setting

Hi all !
I got a friend who recently purchased a 1994 740i. The car is fine, but there is a little thing we would like to adjust : The car was first sold
in Germany and as such, all MID (on the center console) & On Board Computer (in the front instruments set) related to OBC info is displayed in German. I am pretty sure it can be set to other languages as it is doable on many other BMWs I have come across. Setting it to English, or preferably French would be much easier to live with for us non native German speakers.
I have found in a forum that Early E32 models can be switched to other languages by depressing the left pushbutton in the display set (the one that normally resets the partial distance counter) for 10 seconds with the ignition switch on position 1... but to no avail on this model.
I would be especially grateful to any one having a hint for this !
Thanks in advance,
LeapFrog
LeapFrog napisa(a):

Try this link, I hope it will be very useful for you.
http://home.iae.nl/users/bts/obc.htm
Good luck.

Thanks for the link, Maru, but I already had a visit there, and it does only concern the pre-1994 OBC. The OBC I have on this car is a bit newer one, located on the center console; it shares the MID display with the radio, as in my X5. It is not the OBC we had on pre-94 5/7 series, that was a rectangular box separate from other modules. Really hard to find anything on this...
LeapFrog