Question on 1998 Z3 Idle

I just took my 1998 Z3 1.9 over to the BMW dealer with a low idle problem. Idles low, looks like about 600 rpm. Does not cut off, but just about does while in neutral whether hot or cold.

They said that a hose, vent valve and two up take manifolds needed to be replaced.

Does this sound right to increase idle. Just want to know for sure due to the price they are charging me.

Reply to
Randy

My 1998 Z3 needs a new vac hose right above the oil filter. Easy DIY.

What vent valve? Possibly a PVC valve

I have NO idea what that is. Perhaps intake manifold gaskets?

Just guessing - $1200?

Reply to
Rex B

Whatever they did worked. $441.

Reply to
Randy

Whatever they did worked. $441.

Reply to
Randy

Whatever they did worked. $441.

Reply to
Randy

So, it cost $1,323 then?

Reply to
Dean Dark

Welcome to the wonderful world of BMW repair work!

I too own a 98 Z3, and I would not trade it for anything. My wife says "I didn't realize how much I needed a convertible until I owned one."

If you are in the States, I would strongly suggest joining the BMW Car Club of America. The dues are $40 a year, and at least in my area, the club is very active, but the big reason to join is that all of the dealers and repair people around here give a 10% discount on parts.

Another benefit of membership is that the club has put us >

Reply to
perry lee