Radar detector power

I am going to hard-wire my radar detector to my 2005 M3. Is there a suitable power and ground inside the rain sensor? If so, which wires would that be?
Thank you, R.C.

I think you'd have better luck in the area where the sunroof, hand-free microphone, and (not sure on the E46) wireless garage opener wiring is.
R / John

Richard Cranium wrote:

I doubt it. The rain sensors are powered by the wiper arm. My guess is they are dead until they are activated. Try a light or sunroof connection. The Homelink is always live if you have that.
Dan
Dan,
Good point about the sensor being dead until wipers are on. I'll look at the lights. That will be almost as easy to get to.
Thanks, R.C.
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:44:25 GMT, Dan Krueger

If you find one that only works when the key is on, post back with the color. I would like to do the same thing.
I thought I had one last week when I first tried it, but I didn't. :-(

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 15:06:00 -0600, Richard Cranium

Check this out, exactly what you need.
http://m3.madrussian.net/diy_valentine_v1.shtml
RT,
Thank you! That is exactly what I need.