radiator replacement '95 525i

I wanted to thank everyone who posted help to my other questions. I guess I was a little stressed about the car issue yesterday, and forgot to put the year and model on every post. I also want to thank those
who stilled tried to answer my question without spamming me!! Only one person felt necessary to send me hate mail. =-{
Last night my problems got worse. Yes my cooling issue was due to the thermostat. However when it overheat (never into the red zone, but close), i guess it blow a hole in the in my radiator! Didn't see that until the system pressurized. I could replace it myself; however the tranny is connected to the radiator. If it's a closed system, how can I replace the radiator and fluid?
Thanks for any advice you might have to offer.