Radio Noise '99 323i

My AM radio has noise that sounds like ignition noise but definitely is related to the driving speed, and not the engine RPM.
What can I look at to determine where the problem is coming from? I
thought maybe I could disconnect something and see if the noise goes away -- like the speedometer wire or the ABS sensors. I'm not sure what else might be the source.
Has anyone else had a similar problem that is not ignition or alternator noise?
Thanks, Jim

Jim, I had a similar problem related to speed and unrelated to rpm in the same model. I found the aerial connection to the amplifier mounted in the left C pillar was loose and vibration caused a scratching sound to be produced in the radio, I don't know what aerial you have, mine is the rear glass window hence the need for the amplifier.
Chris.
Thanks, Chris. I found this link, that describes the problem and how to correct it:
http://www.openbmw.org/downloads/65%2001%2099%20-%20SI%20E46%20Radio%20Noise%20on%20AM%20Band,Poor%20AM%20Reception.pdf
I tightened the connector tonight and the problem is gone! AM reception is now pretty good.
Jim