RADIO RECEPTION

2002 325i, Business radio, looking to increase the radio reception. Suggestions?

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Aftermarket replacement. Pay close attention to the FM sensitivity ratings. They vary widely.
--
-Fred W

What it needs is a (or pair of) proper roof mounted aerials. Height above the car makes all the difference. Window aerials are a poor compromise - especially for AM.
--
*Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me*

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I wasn't even considering AM. Does anybody actually listen to that anymore? Even the local sports here have shifted to the higher fidelity of the FM band.
--
-Fred W

The OP might - he didn't make it clear. However the aerial thing applies to both. And I'd first look at the aerial pre-amp before considering a new head unit. I'm not so sure they do vary that much in sensitivity - most decent ones will be near the theoretical maximum these days.

No DAB? ;-)
--
*Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it*

On 18 Mar 2007 15:55:21 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Move back to civilization..................
Sir Hugh of Bognor

Can be the worst places for radio reception - 'civilization' often mean tall buildings.
--
*How come you never hear about gruntled employees? *