Raggtopp vs. scotchguard

I have been using Raggtopp on my Z4 and works great. It waterproofs the top and seems to keep dirt from staining it. The downside is it is $20 per can.
Has anybody tried using Scotchguard on their rag tops? I don't know why it wouldn't work just as well as Raggtopp.
grinder wrote:

great job.

I've also found that RaggTopp lasts quite a while - at least 2~3 months, depending on the number of times the top is washed.
Tom