Rain water leaks

Hi, anybody out there who can advise me on an issue with leaking door rubbers!. the passenger footwell is rather wet to say the least. I have a 2001 318i tourer.the leak,i think is comming from the hinge side just
below window level. the rubbers look fine, the same as the other,watertight, doors, but i belive this is not an unheard issue,even with new cars, any ideas ? Cheers. roger ,

IIRC, the likely cause is a failed or loose door trim membrane. Remove the trim and check the membrane behind is properly sealed particularly around the bottom quarter.
--
*Letting a cat out of the bag is easier than putting it back in *

Many thanks to Dave Plowman, on checking ,the door trim membrane was unstuck and damaged around the bottom half, i have repaired and restuck, so see if that makes it watertight, again many thanks Dave cheers ,Roger.