Rain water leaks

Hi, anybody out there who can advise me on an issue with leaking door rubbers!. the passenger footwell is rather wet to say the least. I have a

2001 318i tourer.the leak,i think is comming from the hinge side just below window level. the rubbers look fine, the same as the other,watertight, doors, but i belive this is not an unheard issue,even with new cars, any ideas ? Cheers. roger ,
Reply to
doggy1

IIRC, the likely cause is a failed or loose door trim membrane. Remove the trim and check the membrane behind is properly sealed particularly around the bottom quarter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Many thanks to Dave Plowman, on checking ,the door trim membrane was unstuck and damaged around the bottom half, i have repaired and restuck, so see if that makes it watertight, again many thanks Dave cheers ,Roger.

Reply to
doggy1