Rattle from top of door

Hi, I put a post on here about rattling coming the tops of my doors - off and near side - on my 320d E46 (2003).
I was advised to use some vaseline, or similar type lubricant, and that
would sort it. Must be brittle rubber.
However - this didn't work and it does drive me mental. It is bad when the rubber is colder, and I have been in other E46s since and noticed the same problem.
Any other ideas?
Regards, Jim.

Gummi Pflege
http://www.einszett.co.uk/products_einszett_interior-exterior.htm