RDC control unit location

Does anyone the location of the RDC(Tire pressure control) control unit in a BMW E46 2002 model? I have a fault and would like to replace the module any help is appreciated. THe ETK CD does not show the location of this unit.

thanks.

Reply to
desfox

There is no "unit" - the tire pressure monitoring system is done via software in the ABS/ASC controller. It compares the rolling diameter of each tire to the others, and if there is a change in one tire, it triggers the warning light.

Reply to
admin

Actually there is a "RDC" control unit of 2002 E46 models. It is behind the glove box. I found it after doing a through investigation of the TIS. THe newer models use this technique the older ones use a transmitter on each wheel and a control unit. THe part numbers are listed in realoem.com

Reply to
desfox

Can you give a URL to the REALOEM listing? This is really curious since none of the E46/M3 cars use a separate control unit AFAIK.

Reply to
admin

really curious since

Reply to