Re: 1994 E32 740iL total non-problem

> Why anyone driving a 10 year old BMW 7 that's worth next to nothing

>> would yap on like you do beats the shit out of me. But if that's what >> floats your boat, then more power to you. > >It does indeed float my boat. I should point out I've driven many more >modern beemers, and found that anything after the E39 is a little bland, >regardless of power; the electronics take over and the driving becomes >formulaic.

And those old 7s are so *cheap* to buy, aren't they? It's so easy to ride around in one and pretend that - well, you can pretend whatever you want.

What are *you* pretending to be, if you don't mind me asking? Do you wear a lot of gold chains?

Reply to
Dean Dark

They are indeed. The petrol "crisis" makes them the bargain of the century.

I'm merely an enthusiast for older cars, for a time before traction control and electronic assistance, where the driver connects with the vehicle without the aid of several thousand pounds worth of computing power.

I actually thought you were going to debate the point, rather than make cheap personal remarks. More fool me. Welcome to the killfile, old bean.

Reply to
Bear

Indeed - high petrol prices mean that large old cars are actually cheaper than their contempories in lower ranges due to faster depreciation. So a lot of car for very little money.

I have one as well. In my case it is more that I don't make as much money as I used to (and bought ~3 year old ones), and that I am very tall so a 7 series suits me fine.

My issue was with his impolite driving aimed (it would appear) to frighten his passenger. All his guff about assistance - well 7'S have ABS, PS, often LSD and I haven't been able to get a manual since before 1989, although a very lucky mate of mine has a manual 645.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Surely a '94 E32 has ABS etc? EFI? ECU controlled gearbox?

Hardly a basic old car. ;-)

FWIW, the stability control on my E39 is brilliant. And it can be switched off anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True, true ... maybe I was wrong about the gizmos. I just really like older cars :)

I'm terrified to go near it today; usually, the moment I write about how good anything is, it blows up.

Reply to
Bear

Heh. That silver lining. 8)

Reply to