Re: 528i - 2000 model - computer gremlin appearing

Went down to Interstate Battery Shop to work the battery question ... and it seems to handle the load, the hydrometer bubbles up well, dispite it being a sealed battery and each cell is not specifically testable ... the battery seems just fine.

So fundamentals with the electrical system ... wire loom is the next peek, and see if there is an codes that the computer drops on the next oil change.

New fault, was turn the key, and lights go on but no start ... so maybe the ignition switch is 8 years old, and needs to be replaced. Turn it off twice, same problem ... give it a rest, third time started up just fine, and ever since (had to go to Sacramento from the Bay Area ... damm $20 up and $20 down) ever since.

Keep it to the fundamentals ... ignition, wire loom so far.

All my best, always.

sumbuddie on da watchtower

in article N_ednSriYvARdsPVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, John Carrier at > snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 6/22/08 5:17 PM: > > Snip all > > Wow! > > I'm thinking low voltage from a battery with a weak cell (I read it's only a > year old). Too many random things going on here. It's got to be something > very fundamental in the electrical system, so the battery and its > connections is where I'd start. > > R / John
Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane