Re: 740i Transmission CODES

> > how does one obtain the transmission "codes" for a 1998 BMW 740i. =A0i'm= > > getting a "Check Engine" light and my transmission is in Fail Safe > > mode. =A0is there a computer diagnostics technique that shops use to > > determine the exact problem with my transmission? will the codes > > relating to the transmission show up via the "OBD" computer > > terminal? =A0 i don't want to get screwed at the transmission shop. > > thank you very much in advance. > > If the fault is transmission then it will say "transmission" (you might ha= ve > to scroll for it). > > Does the fault go away if the engine is stopped and restarted? > > The most common cause of this is low battery volts.

thanks for your reply. unfortunately the problem doesn't go away when the engine is restarted. i bought a new battery but the problem still persists. thanks!

Reply to
avatar2k

thanks for your reply. unfortunately the problem doesn't go away when the engine is restarted. i bought a new battery but the problem still persists. thanks!

Probably a real fault then :-((

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Yes sounds bad :-((

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Sorry to look like I am a saddo replying to my own posts, but obviously reply I am reply to was actually from the OP and not from me!

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton